Savitri Mata Temple Ropeway (Temporarily closed in the interest of public safety)
The Savitri Mata Ropeway is the most convenient way to reach the temple. The ropeway makes the hike to the hilltop Savitri Mata Temple a breeze. The temple overlooks the lake, and the panoramic views of the surrounding hills and city are fantastic at any time of day.
- Take the Savitri Mata Ropeway and keep your energy high for your pilgrimage to the temple perched atop a hill in Pushkar, which is at an altitude of 720 metres.
- The ropeway saves pilgrims from the strenuous climb of a little more than 1,100 steps, and it enables all pilgrims, particularly old and differently-abled devotees, to visit the Holy Temple in less than six minutes.
Overlooking the beautiful and scenic Pushkar Lake, the Savitri Mata ropeway gives a bird’s-eye view of the city of Pushkar. The Savitri Mata Temple has a great religious significance – a visit to the Brahma Temple (also located in Puhskar) is deemed complete only after a visit to Savitri Mata’s abode.
6:30 p.m. (from hilltop ropeway station)
Ropeway will be closed for maintenance from 24 February to 4 March 2020.
Ropeway is accessible by wheelchair users.
Yummy Eats, a ready-to-eat food kiosk, offers quick bites and beverages. There are exclusive discounts during happy hours.
Drinking water stations.
Separate toilets for men and women.
No wheelchair friendly toilet.
Paid parking for 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler is operated by the Local Traffic Control Unit.
155 km from Jaipur International Airport. About 3.5 hours drive.
2 km from Pushkar Terminus Railway Station. About 10 minutes drive.
14 km from Ajmer Dargah Sharif. About 30 minutes drive.
33 km from Nareli Jain Temple in Ajmer. About 55 minutes drive.
- No ticket required for a child below 4 years.
- This is not recommended for pregnant women and those with walking disabilities or guests who will need use of a wheelchair.
- Do not stand inside the cabin/gondola while in motion.
- Do not smoke inside the cabin/gondola.
- No eatables or beverages are allowed inside the cabin/gondola.
- Do not lean any body part out from the cabin/gondola.
- Do not try to force open the cabin/gondola door.
- You will receive a booking confirmation email/voucher to your registered email after booking.
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher.
- This voucher is valid only on the date and time specified.
- Single/return ticket to Savitri Mata Temple Ropeway.
- Present your ticket at the entrance. Do not queue at the ticket office.
- Food and beverages.