Jaipur Wax Museum
Visit the Jaipur Wax Museum located in the premises of the 300-year-old Nahargarh Fort, which is on the edge of the Aravalli hills.
- The Royal Darbar gallery has wax statues of eminent rulers of the Rajput dynasty such as Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh, Rajmata Gayatri Devi and many others.
- The museum’s Hall of Icons gallery showcases wax and silicon statues of iconic personalities from diverse fields such as history, cinema, sports, literature, art, and culture.
- The Sheesh Mahal has been designed into magnificent mirror work splendour. The traditional thikri mirror work has been used to display 2.5 million glass pieces to create optical illusions.
- Get professional photographers to take your candid photos with the Royalty or with other iconic personalities at the museum.
The Jaipur Wax Museum is an initiative of Entertainment 7 Creative Ventures in association with the Department of Archaeology and Museums, Government of Rajasthan.
The museum is located in the premises of the Nahargarh Fort, which was the city’s defence fortress built at the highest point of the Aravalli hills. It is an 18th century Indian-European architectural marvel that still stands strong and gives panoramic views of the city of Jaipur.
The museum is divided into three galleries, namely Hall of Icons, Royal Darbar, and Sheesh Mahal. The entrance to the museum features a 10-foot-long bullet bike called Gati Gamini that is inspired by Rajasthan Tourism.
- Hall of Icons
- The Hall of Icons has lifelike statues of iconic personalities like national heroes, celebrities, sports stars and movie stars. Each wax statue is complete with a detailed and intricately designed background theme. There is also a special section for kids where they can meet their favourite superheroes and cartoon characters like Spiderman, Ironman, Doraemon and Nobita.
- Royal Darbar
- The Royal Darbar has a grand courtroom that displays wax and silicon statues of Rajasthan’s royal lineage of Maharajas and Maharanis in traditional costumes. The gallery also has on display traditional paintings, antique artefacts, a royal buggy, and interactive statues.
- Sheesh Mahal
- The Palace of Mirrors (Sheesh Mahal) has thikri mirror work, a craft that dates back to many centuries. This enthralling mirror work has been put together by over 100 skilled craftsmen, and displays about 2.5 million glass pieces that create spectacular optical illusions. The real gold and gem artwork, stunning crystal chandeliers and other precious trinkets is a sight to behold!
Photography is not allowed.
Souvenir store is in the museum premises.
Couple of restaurants managed by third-parties are near the museum.
Drinking water stations.
Separate toilets for men and women.
No wheelchair friendly toilet.
Pay and park facility available in and around the Fort premises.
Free wheelchair is available on first come, first served basis. Only Hall of Icons and Royal Darbar is wheelchair accessible.
30 km from Sanganer International Airport, Jaipur. About 60 minutes drive.
20 km from Jaipur Junction Railway Station. About 50 minutes drive.
16 km from City Palace, Hawa Mahal, Albert Hall, and Ajmeri Gate. About 35 minutes drive.
- Eatables, chewing gums, smoking, paan, guthka, tobacco or any inflammable products is strictly prohibited in the museum premises.
- Kindly help in keeping the museum premises clean.
- Visitors are responsible for taking care of their own belongings. Jaipur Wax Museum or any of its representatives is not responsible for any damage or loss.
- Please do not touch the statues. Touching or fidgeting with wax statue or any set properties is a punishable offence.
- Jaipur Wax Museum reserves the right to change or remove any wax-silicon figure from the museum at any given time.
- The museum reserves the right to admission.
- Visitors must understand and follow the museum safety procedures.
- Photography on mobile phones and cameras is not allowed. The photography packages starts as low as Rs. 200 for 8 photographs. Only soft copies of photographs will be given.
- You will receive a booking confirmation email/voucher to your registered email after booking.
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher.
- This voucher is valid only on the date and time specified.
- Entrance ticket to Jaipur Wax Museum and Sheesh Mahal.
- Priority pass. Present your ticket at the entrance. Do not queue at the ticket office.
- Entrance to Nahargarh Fort. You need to buy a separate entrance ticket to Nahargarh Fort from its ticketing office located at the entrance of the Fort.
- Food and beverages.