Gyan Museum is a bridge between the past and the future, and to give its visitors an everlasting imprint of the peacefulness of the present. The environment echoes the uniqueness and diversity of the objets d’art displayed.
- Gyan Museum, designed by the French designer Paul Mathieu, is a tribute to the late Mr Gyan Chand Ji Dhaddha by his sons Suresh Dhaddha and Arun Dhaddha.
- It has on display over 2,500 works of art including Persian rugs, royal costumes, ancient scriptures, ancient coins, silver hookahs, antique jewellery, vintage spectacles and many more from around the world, dating back to over 3,000 years.
Gyan Museum orbits around the assortments of naturalist, collector and gemologist, the late Mr Gyan Chand Ji Dhaddha (1940-2004). He was surrounded by such philosophy, visuals, and belief systems that instilled in him the love for arts, crafts, poetry and literature.
Inspired by the passion and freedom that the late Mr Gyan Chand Ji Dhaddha embraced as a collector of fine and decorative arts, Mr Mathieu designed and envisioned the museum as a space where objects and ideas from diverse provenance and periods would not only be admired, but they would also inspire dialogue and push for new ways for visitors to experience them.
The museum is constructed to depict a reciprocal recognition of about 3,000 years of cultural heritage.
- Maker Sakaranti, 14 January 2020
- Republic Day, 26 January 2020
- Dhulandi (Holi), 10 March 2020
- Independence Day, 15 August 2020
- Ganesh Chaturthi, 22 August 2020
- Vishwakarma Jayanti, 16 September 2020
- Dussera, 25 October 2020
- Goverdhan Pooja, 15 November 2020
Photography is not allowed.
Drinking water stations.
Toilets for men and women.
Free parking for 2 wheeler and 4 wheeler.
11 km from Sanganer International Airport, Jaipur. About 15 minutes drive.
20 km from Jaipur Junction Railway Station. About 35 minutes drive.
20 km from City Palace, Hawa Mahal, Albert Hall, and Ajmeri Gate. About 35 minutes drive.
- The admission to the museum is free. Visitors are requested to book an appointment to visit the museum. Appointment to be booked from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00p.m.; 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.; and 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. To make an appointment, click here
- You are required to carry the appointment confirmation along with you.
- If you are late or do not turn up for the appointment booked, please inform Gyan Museum by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-7229888866, +91-141-2770535, or +91-141-2770536.
- Photography and videography are prohibited inside the museum.
- Food and beverages are not permitted inside the museum.
- Smoking is not permitted in the museum premises.
- Do not touch the artwork and artefacts. Visitors will be liable to pay for any damages.
- A group of maximum of 15 people are allowed for every 2-hour appointment slot.
- Please keep your mobile phones on silent and abstain from taking calls altogether inside the museum.
- The museum reserves the right to admission.
- The admission to the museum is free. Visitors are requested to book an appointment. To make an appointment, click here.
- Access to galleries.
- Guided tour as per availability.
- Food and beverages.