Grape to Glass Journey of Wine
Take India’s first boutique winery’s guided tour at Soma Vine Village in Nashik, the wine capital of India.
- Get to know about the intricate process of wine making - harvesting grapes, extracting juices from grapes, fermentation and storage.
- Soma Vine Village offers an experience of a lifetime with the essence of Indian wine culture whilst pampering the guests with a regal approach.
- Soma Vineyards and Resort provides an enchanting and unique experience to the visitors. The serene view of the vineyards and luxuriously designed resort makes for a nice vacation.
- It is located along the edge of the backwaters of Gangapur Dam, as river Godavari flows majestically by the pastoral hamlet surrounded by the magnificent Sahyadri Ranges.
Soma Vine Village brings you the opportunity to take India’s first boutique winery’s guided tour, in which its Sommelier educate you on wine making, and take you through the processes of making White, Red, Rosé as well as sparkling wines (method champanoise), followed by a wine tasting session in which they provide you with an expert training upon techniques of tasting wine and offer you some of the finest boutique wines to taste.
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Makar Sakaranti, 15 January 2020
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti, 19 February 2020
- Republic Day, 26 January 2020
- Maha Shivratri, 21 February 2020
- Mahatma Gandhi’s Death Anniversary, 30 January 2020
- Holi, 10 March 2020
- Swami Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti, 18 February 2020
- The tour is conducted in English by a group of professionals.
- The tour starts with a brief introduction of the company and the tour team, safety tips, dos and don’ts.
- The tour looks at different processes grapes go through, from crushing to packaging into fine wine bottles. The tour then proceeds to the much-awaited wine tasting of a selection of white, red, and rosé wines.
- The next stop in the tour is the vineyard where you will get to know about different varieties of grapes, soil, and grape harvesting.
- The tour then proceeds to the winery. The sommelier will take you through the entire process of wine making from crushing of grapes, filtering, and finally to the processing, including fermentation, storing in tanks, bottling, labelling and packaging of wine bottles, which are then ready for sale.
- The tour comes to an end with a wine tasting of different varietals of wines.
Photography is prohibited.
Buy exclusive wines and get special offers on Reserve wines from the store.
Separate toilets for men and women.
No wheelchair friendly toilet.
Free parking for 2 wheeler and 4 wheeler at the winery.
Free wheelchair is available on a first come, first served basis. Book in advance by calling +91-7028066019/16.
Enjoy a sumptuous meal at the multi-cuisine seafood restaurant Soul Curry or at the pool side restaurant Surahi.
42 km from Ozhar Airport, Nashik. About 1 hour and 15 minutes drive.
26 km from Nashik Railway Station. About 50 minutes drive.
15 km from Nashik City Centre Mall. About 30 minutes drive.
175 km from Mumbai. About 4 hours drive.
- Please contact us for grape stomping booking and corporate and group bookings of 15 people or more for different categories of winery tours and tastings. For more information about grape stomping and winery tours, see the Tickets section below.
- It is recommended you arrive at least 15 minutes prior at the venue. If you are late, you will have to join the group in the middle of the same tour, or join the next tour subject to availability.
- The tour is complimentary for a child below 12 years and they will only be allowed with parents/guardian carrying a valid photo ID proof.
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women, children, and people in wheelchairs.
- Carrying jewellery or other valuables is not advisable.
- Take care of your belongings - mobiles, wallets, cameras, etc.
- Smoking is not permitted during the tour.
- There are no ATMs at the winery or nearby. However, all major credit and debit cards are accepted at the winery.
- Soma Vineyards & Resorts offers a choice of three fabulous accommodations - Soma Vineyard Resort, Regenta Resort & Villa and Soma Serviced Apartments. For booking or more information, please contact Soma Vineyards & Resorts by email at email@example.com or call +91-7066005600.
- All participants over 21 years are required to carry a valid photo ID proof.
- People below 21 years are only allowed with parents/guardian carrying a valid photo ID proof.
(12 to 20 years)
(includes wine tasting of 5 varietals: Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz Gold, Rose Gold and Sauvignon Blanc Dessert)
(includes wine tasting of 7 varietals: Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz Gold, Rose Gold, Pinot Noir, Shiraz Jamun Honey and Rose Dessert)
(includes wine tasting of 9 varietals: Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz Gold, Rose Gold, Pinot Noir, Shiraz Jamun Honey, Chardonnay Reserve, Riesling Reserve and Rose Dessert)
(for a group of 4 people or more and subject to availability of grapes. Price is per crate of grapes)
- You will receive a booking confirmation email/voucher to your registered email after booking.
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher.
- This voucher is valid only on the date and time specified.
- Priority pass. Present your ticket at the entrance. Do not queue at the ticket office.
- Guided winery tour including wine tasting (only for over 21 years).
- Parking at the winery.
- Food and beverages (only wine tasting for over 21 years).
- Merchandise from the winery store.