Take the Gangtok Ropeway ride and enjoy the mesmerising bird’s-eye view of the city and the stunning valleys around.
- Gaze at the breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountain ranges, streams flowing 3,500 feet below, and the natural beauty all around.
- The ropeway ride is one of the most thrilling and memorable things to do in Gangtok. So, when you are in Gangtok, don't forget to hop onto the ropeway!
- There are three stations in this 1-km-long one-way ride. The lowest station is at Deorali, the next station is at Namnang, and the top most station is in Tashiling at an altitude of about 6,200 feet.
- The ropeway also serves to decongest the city, as people traverse from one part of the city to the other using the ropeway.
Gangtok is the capital city of Sikkim, and its most popular holiday destination. It is visited by travellers from all over the world to be charmed by its scenic charm and natural beauty. Gangtok is considered to be the base for hikers and trekkers who go through Sikkim’s Himalayan mountain ranges. These ranges include Kanchenjunga, which is India's highest mountain peak, and the third highest in the world.
Built in the year 2003, it connects to the Tashiling Secretariat via the Sikkim Legislative Assembly. The starting point of the ropeway is the Deorali Bazar, which is situated in the heart of the city and is easily accessible.
5:00 p.m. (from Namnang ropeway station)
5:00 p.m. (from Tashiling ropeway station)
Ropeway is accessible by wheelchair users.
Yummy Eats, a ready-to-eat food kiosk, offers quick bites and beverages. There are exclusive discounts during happy hours.
Separate toilets for men and women.
No wheelchair friendly toilet.
Paid parking for 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler is operated by Sikkim Tourism and Traffic.
Pakyong Airport in Sikkim is the nearest. It is 31 km from Gangtok.
New Jalpaiguri Railway station in Siliguri, West Bengal, is the nearest. It is 148 km from Gangtok.
2 km from MG Marg to Gangtok Ropeway (Deorali station).
6 km from Sikkim Himalayan Zoological Park to Gangtok Ropeway (Deorali station).
- No ticket required for a child below 4 years.
- This is not recommended for pregnant women and those with walking disabilities or guests who will need use of a wheelchair.
- There are no seats in the ropeway, so the visitors/commuters need to stand.
- Do not smoke inside the cabin/gondola.
- No eatables or beverages are allowed inside the cabin/gondola.
- Do not lean any body part out from the cabin/gondola.
- Do not try to force open the cabin/gondola door.
- You will receive a booking confirmation email/voucher to your registered email after booking.
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher.
- This voucher is valid only on the date and time specified.
- Return ticket to Gangtok Ropeway.
- Present your ticket at the entrance. Do not queue at the ticket office.
- Food and beverages.