Big Banyan Vineyard Tour (Temporarily closed in the interest of public safety)
Big Banyan is the expression of an extraordinary journey from grape to glass. Visit its recently launched modern Visitor Centre and Tasting Room to learn about wine making, and experience its magic.
- Big Banyan Winery is named after the famous Big Banyan Tree, which is a giant 400-year-old banyan tree, located in Bangalore. It is surrounded by lush green and is about 3 km from the banyan tree.
- Get to know about the wine making process – from crushing to bottling to the multiple quality checks the wines go through before they are finally bottled.
- Enjoy every moment of the tasting as you feel the passion from the team and taste the finesse in every bottle.
- Over the years, Big Banyan Wines have received much praise and many a prestigious accolade. They are a testament to their vision of creating the finest Indian wines.
Curious to see where all the magic takes place? Big Banyan Vineyard in Bangalore is located on the outskirts of the city, It is a short drive away from the urban chaos.
Take a walk through their vineyards and get a sneak peek into their winery. Complete your visit with a special wine tasting session, where they will introduce you to their winemaker and to each of their varietals, unravelling the nuances sip by little sip.
3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2 October 2020
- The tour is conducted in English by a professional.
- The tour starts with a brief introduction of the company and the tour team, safety tips, dos and don'ts.
- The tour looks at the different processes grapes go through. The sommelier will take you through the entire process of wine making from crushing of the grapes, filtering them, and finally to the processing, including fermentation, storing in tanks, bottling, labelling and packaging of the wine bottles, which are then ready for sale.
- The tour then proceeds to the much-awaited wine tasting of a selection of white, red, and rosé wines. Each of the wines has been paired with a complementing cheese for you to enjoy the profiles of the wine like you're meant to.
- The next stop in the tour is the vineyard where you will get to know about the different varieties of grapes, soil, and grape harvesting.
Photography is prohibited in the processing and bottling areas.
Buy exclusive wines and get special offers on wines from the store.
Drinking water is provided on request.
Separate toilets for men and women.
The Tour is accessible by a wheelchair user. Wheelchair is not provided by the Winery.
No wheelchair friendly toilet.
Free parking on first come, first served basis.
63 km from Kempegowda International Airport, Bangalore. About 2.5 hours drive.
30 km from Bangalore City Railway Station. About 90 minutes drive.
39 km from Electronic City. About 80 minutes drive.
34 km from Janapada Loka. About 60 minutes drive.
- Please contact us for corporate and group bookings of 15 people or more.
- It is recommended that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior. If you are late, you will have to join the group in the middle of the same tour, or join the next tour subject to availability.
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women, children, and people in wheelchairs.
- Carrying jewellery or other valuables is not advisable.
- Take care of your belongings - mobiles, wallets, cameras, etc.
- Smoking is not permitted during the tour.
- There are no ATMs at the winery or nearby. However, all major credit and debit cards are accepted at the winery.
- All participants over 18 years are required to carry a valid photo ID proof.
- For people between 18 to 20 years, book only Basic Wine Package.
- Wine tours and tasting are valid only for individuals above 21 years.
- Wine will not be served for wine tasting to people below the legal drinking age of 21 under the Karnataka state laws.
- Wines served for wine tasting depend on availability.
(includes wine tasting of 6 varietals: L'angoor red wine, L'angoor white wine, Ampersand red wine, Ampersand white wine, Rosa Rossa (rosé wine) and Bellissima (dessert wine))
(includes wine tasting of 4 varietals: Big Banyan Premium Range Wines – 2 red wines and 2 white wines)
(includes wine tasting of 6 varietals: Big Banyan Premium Range Wines – 2 red wines and 2 white wines, Limited Shiraz (red wine) and Bellissima (dessert wine))
The tour prices are including GST.
- You will receive a booking confirmation email/voucher to your registered email after booking.
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher.
- This voucher is valid only on the date and time specified.
- Entrance to the Big Banyan Winery.
- Priority pass. Present your ticket at the entrance. Do not queue at the ticket office.
- Guided tour including wine tasting paired with cheese (only if included in the tour booked).
- Food and beverages (only wine tasting paired with cheese if included in the tour booked).
- Merchandise from the winery store.